For guests at a wedding, one of the highlights can be the wedding cake. When picking your wedding cake, consider these dos and don'ts.
- Do taste test the cake before you order it.
- Do personalize the cake, tying in your wedding colors and ordering a customized cake topper.
- Do order your cake early.
- Do ask around for baker recommendations, or keep notes on cakes you've liked at other weddings.
- Do cut the wedding cake during your reception.
- Don't put too many accessories on your cake.
- Don't make the wedding cake yourself.
- Don't forget about making arrangements to have the cake transported to your location.
- Don't forget to prioritize how the cake tastes and spend too much time on how it looks.