MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -

A 12-year-old Miami Gardens boy was rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center after he and his mother said their new blender busted open and severely burned the boy across his arms, chest and face during dinner preparations.

Fuiton Jeune was flown to the hospital, where doctors learned the boy suffered second-degree superficial burns.

His parents said they were blending freshly boiled noodles and a little cold milk while preparing food, adding that the contents were still hot. Jeune said he went to grab a fork from a nearby bowl when the appliance busted open, burning much of his body and leaving a small hole in the ceiling.

Doctors were forced to peel the Jeune's skin and said he must now avoid the sun during his recovery.

Jeune said he is lucky to be alive.

"I thought I was going to die," Jeune told Local 10 News.

His parents are now trying to figure out what went wrong and whether the ingredients, the blender or a possible operator error caused the blast.