MIAMI -

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue units responded to an one-alarm fire at Southwest 127th Avenue and 8th Street about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Video showed flames and smoke pouring from the roof of the Gran Via Apartments, a 104-unit facility for elderly residents. Sixteen fire rescue units responded. The fire was extinguished in about 45 minutes.

Construction workers accidentally tipped over flammable tar, sparking the flames, fire rescue said.

Several nearby business owners said the building is currently unoccupied and has been under constriction for one year. No injuries were reported.

On Sunday, a lightning strike sparked a fire on the same roof.