Bows are a great accessory for any outfit! Making a bow tie for yourself is much better than buying a new one! There are some fun and easy steps you can follow to make your own amazing bow! Special thanks to the Fashion Diva Design Blog for these great ideas!
- Find some fabric: The thicker the better. You don’t necessary have to go out and buy material. You can use denim jeans or an old dress!
- Cut the fabric into the shape of a rectangle: Normally 6 inches is good. The fabric will be folded over and bunched in the center.
- Create the bow: Fold the fabric halfway. Sew the three side remaining sides (if you want). Leave a little hole so you can turn the piece inside out — so you will not be able to see the stitches
- Make your bow: Find the center of the rectangle and push the top and the bottom of the fabric into a bow-like shape. Sew it down the middle to hold it in place. If you’d like to hide the stitching, sew a small band around the middle.
- Extras: You can use a rubber elastic at the back of the bow to secure it. Also a ribbon or button. Let your imagination run wild!