The City of Dania Beach broke ground on its marina project Wednesday morning.
The $7.5 million project includes:
- New concrete floating docks to accommodate 120 boat slips
- Replacement of 1,450 linear feet of seawall
- New utilities throughout the marina
- New marina view promenade
- 2,200 square foot boaters' facility
- Pump out facilities
- Picnic Pavilion
- Fish cleaning station
- Entrance Kiosks
- Dredging of the marina
- Storm water improvements
Construction is expected to take about one year with the project completion in the spring of 2014.
The $7.5 million project is funded through grants, marina fees, and city general revenue.