The criteria for immigrants to apply for deferred action is as follows:
- Applicant must have been under 31 years old as of June 15, 2012
- Applicant must have come to the U.S. before reaching his/her 16th birthday
- Applicant must have continuously resided in the U.S. from June 15, 2007 to the present time
- Applicant must have been physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012 and at the time of making the request for deferred action with USCIS
- Applicant must currently be in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a GED, or be an honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces or Coast Guard
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors, and must not otherwise pose a threat to public safety
The cost for the work permit application and fingerprints is $465.