Elderly couple dead after house fire
Elderly couple dead after southwest Florida house fire; no smoke alarms in home
Authorities say an elderly couple was found dead following a southwest Florida house fire.
The Punta Gorda Fire Department reports that police initially responded to the home Thursday, and the fire was already out with firefighters arrived. The Herald-Tribune reports that rescuers found the elderly couple inside. Their names weren't immediately released.
Officials say the fire might have been caused by electrical problems, but that hasn't been confirmed.
Fire Chief Ray Briggs said there were no working smoke alarms in the home.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.