Fort Lauderdale hotel catches fire
1 injured in Travelodge fire
One person was taken to the hospital after a fire at a Travelodge hotel early Friday morning.
Investigators say the fire was contained to one room at the hotel located at 1250 East Sunrise Boulevard.
People were forced to evacuate the hotel as a precaution.
The fire marshal determined a burning cigarette sparked the fire. A hotel guest was smoking a cigarette when he fell asleep. He woke up and tried putting out the flames himself but was burned.
The 30-year-old hotel guest was taken to Broward Health with minor burns and smoke inhalation.