Memorial Day Weekend boating advisories
Boaters should plan ahead to avoid delays getting on the water
Memorial Day weekend is one of the most popular times for boating, and in order to avoid problems getting out on the water, Miami-Dade County is asking boaters to plan and call ahead.
When calling a marina, you should ask about:
- Best times to launch in order to avoid delays
- Updates on traffic and parking conditions
- Availability and affordability of short-term wet slips for the holiday weekend
Below you can find the contact information for marinas within the Miami-Dade Parks system:
- Crandon Park Marina: 4000 Crandon Blvd., Key Biscayne. (305) 361-1281.
- Bill Bird Marina: 10800 Collins Ave., Miami. (305) 974-3525.
- Homestead Bayfront Park: 9698 SW 328 Street, Homestead. (305) 230-3033
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.