Miami Beach New Year's celebration information
The City of Miami Beach releases information about events and traffic during New Year's Day.
You can read the city's news release below:
Free Public Events at 8 Street Beach
- Tuesday, January 1, midnight (New Years): Fireworks
- Saturday & Sunday, January 5 & 6, Noon – 8:00 p.m.: Football Experience
- Sunday, January 6, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.: Concert with Dierks Bentley and Flo Rida
Ocean Drive (5 to 14 streets) no vehicular traffic, only pedestrian traffic, from Saturday, December 29 at 7:00 a.m. through Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 7:00 a.m., during the New Year’s holiday, and from Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 7:00 a.m. to Monday, January 7, 2013 at 7:00 a.m., for the 2013 Bowl Championship Series. Large crowds are expected during both weekends.
Transportation: The South Beach Local
Miami-Dade Transit’s South Beach Local will be complimentary from 7:00 a.m. December 31 through 1:00 a.m. on January 1, 2013. The regular $0.25 fare will resume on January 1, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. Visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/routes_detail.asp?route=123
- All city-owned parking lots and garages with the exception of the 42 Street Garage operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Ocean Court and Collins Court (alleys) will be strictly enforced for emergency vehicle access.
- Residential parking zones citywide will be strictly enforced.
- Valet operations normally on Ocean Drive will be relocated to Collins Avenue.
Some nightclubs will have extended hours on New Year’s Eve until 7:00 a.m. on January 1, 2013.
Government Offices Closed
City of Miami Beach administrative offices will close at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, December 31 and remain closed through Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
Tourism Hotline: 305.673.7400 - 24 hours/seven days a week
Tips to Enjoy the Weekend
- No open alcoholic beverages in public.
- No glass containers on the beach.
- Do not litter; recycle when possible.
- Walk on sidewalks and designated pedestrian areas.
- Keep noise to a minimum.
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.