Miami Beach enforces new regulations for Memorial Day weekend
Miami Beach on Memorial Day: Traffic closures, license plate readers, DUI checkpoints and more
Published On: May 23 2012 11:49:35 AM EDT Updated On: May 23 2012 02:25:39 PM EDT
If you'll be in Miami Beach this Memorial Day weekend, you should be aware of the following:
- License plate readers and DUI checkpoints will be set up along the MacArthur Causeway.
- Ocean Drive will be closed, and watch towers will be placed along the road to keep an eye on crowds.
- A traffic loop will be set up to keep things flowing smoothly in South Beach.
- Traffic will only flow northbound on Collins Avenue and southbound on Washington Avenue between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- You will only be allowed to drive on main roads, such as Alton Road.
- All residential areas will be open to local traffic only. Roadblocks will be placed at every intersection. Only those who live in Miami Beach will be allowed in the area.
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.