Miami-Dade Schools decides on bond use
$1.2B bond to upgrade security, technology, renovate buildings
The School Board of Miami-Dade County decided the $1.2 billion school bond will be used to upgrade security and technology and renovate buildings throughout the district.
A meeting was held on the issue Thursday morning.
Schools Superintendent Alberto Carvalho said only contractors in South Florida would be considered for the various projects.
According to the district:
- 79 projects are projected to cost less than $1 million;
- 65 projects are projected to cost between $1 and $2 million;
- 109 projects are projected to cost between $2 and $5 million;
- 46 projects are projected to cost between $5 and $10 million;
- and, 11 projects are projected to cost more than $10 million.