Watch the extended versions of the stories in Local 10's special "Jamaica turns 50" below:
- The entire island of Jamaica celebrates 50 years since the country became independent from the United Kingdom.
- Local 10’s Jason Martinez dares to tour the most haunted place in Jamaica: Rose Hall in Montego Bay.
- As Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake dominate the Olympics, Local 10 asks: “Why are Jamaicans so fast?”
- Local 10 takes an emotional voyage to the mountainside village where reggae legend Bob Marley was born and buried.
- Local 10’s Jason Martinez conquers his fear of heights 5,000 feet above sea level in the Jamaican mountains.
- Here’s a how to guide on how to make Jamaica’s famous jerk chicken.