Slimy mold in the ice machine and on soda dispensing nozzles and a roach issue forced state inspectors to shut down the Cabana Beach Club at the Eden Roc hotel last week.
Rodent droppings and live roaches were found inside several restaurants in The Galleria Mall last week.
A state inspector found a major roach problem inside popular DiSalvo's Pizzeria in Hollywood last week, and frozen meat was found in a bathroom at Dragon 1 Chinese in Miami.
Florida health inspectors shut down 22 restaurants last week, including seven in South Florida.
A rodent and roach issues inside the Festival Flea Market forced inspectors to close six restaurants in and around the food court last week.
An inspector noted mold on the strawberries and roach activity inside Stadium Diner, east of Sun Life Stadium.
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation is changing the way it inspects restaurants beginning July 1.
State records show Papo Llega Y Pon was ordered shut three times this year, twice last week.
The note on the door says closed for renovations and repair, but an orange sticker placed on the same door says the place was ordered shut to protect the health and safety of the public.
According to a state inspector, the cookies were gone and the rodents left something behind, droppings!
Before you go out to eat, check out this section.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.