A family of five was able to escape a house fire unharmed Thursday night in Miami.
Miami Fire Rescue crews arrived just before 8 p.m. at the home on Northwest 68th Terrace with reports of heavy smoke showing.
The smoke and flames came from a closed garage door and side window as firefighters quickly searched the house to find no one inside.
The fire was quickly extinguished, but firefighters said the house sustained heavy smoke damage.
According to the residents, they were refilling a generator when the fire began.
Fire investigators were at the scene and officials said the Red Cross will be assisting the family.