HOLLYWOOD, Fla. - Three families were burnt out of their homes after a fire tore through a Hollywood residential complex early Tuesday morning.
Several fire rescue crews battled the blaze off Thomas Street. An African Grey Parrot died in the fire. No other injuries were reported.
It appears the fire started in a middle apartment where one woman lives. The landlord says he just canceled his fire insurance for 2013. He was insured just three hours before the fire, before the clock hit midnight.
Investigators are still trying to figure out what started the fire.
Copyright 2013 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.