Memorial Day weekend is one of the most popular times for boating, and in order to avoid problems getting out on the water, Miami-Dade County is asking boaters to plan and call ahead.
When calling a marina, you should ask about:
- Best times to launch in order to avoid delays
- Updates on traffic and parking conditions
- Availability and affordability of short-term wet slips for the holiday weekend
Below you can find the contact information for marinas within the Miami-Dade Parks system:
- Crandon Park Marina: 4000 Crandon Blvd., Key Biscayne. (305) 361-1281.
- Bill Bird Marina: 10800 Collins Ave., Miami. (305) 974-3525.
- Homestead Bayfront Park: 9698 SW 328 Street, Homestead. (305) 230-3033
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.