Truck catches fire inside Miami building

Fire Resuce: AC unit malfunctioned, sparked fire

By Alexandra Fruin - Producer , Liane Morejon - Reporter
Headline Goes Here

MIAMI - Firefighters have put out flames that sparked on a truck inside of a Miami building.

Sky 10 flew over the building at 7245 NW 36th Street Wednesday morning around 8 a.m. and found a truck fully engulfed in flames. 

Fire officials said employees inside the building were working on a sewer truck when they took it around the block for a test drive.

The air conditioning malfunctioned and caught fire. At first, the workers tried to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher but it grew too big. Fire officials were eventually able to put out the fire.

The truck was burnt out and two nearby vehicles suffered smoke and water damage.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.