POMPANO BEACH, Fla. - A building was evacuated Monday afternoon because of high levels of carbon monoxide detected inside.
Broward Sheriff's Office employees from the Pompano Beach District Office, located at 100 Southwest 3rd Street, were taken out of the building shortly after 2:30 p.m. due to the carbon monoxide detected.
Deputies said the building is under construction.
There were no prisoners in the building's jail facility Monday afternoon, according to BSO.
There will be no interruption in the dispatch/911 service in Pompano Beach, and deputies said calls are being handled by the Regional Communications Division in the Public Safety Building.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue is investigating the incident.
Copyright 2013 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.