HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -

Occupants of at least five motel units were forced out Wednesday night after a fire started on the second floor.

The fire happened about 9 p.m. Wednesday at a motel on Scott Street in Hollywood.

A worker with Florida Power & Light was fixing a transformer next to the building just before the fire started.

A resident said while the FPL worker was working, he walked up to his place and that's when the motel caught fire.

A worker ran up with a fire extinguisher and put out most of the fire, but it had already spread to the attic. The fire department was then called.

No injuries were reported.

Follow Victor Oquendo on Twitter @VictorOquendo

Follow Local 10 on Twitter @WPLGLocal10