FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A 7-year-old boy has been referred to a juvenile fire setter program after he accidentally started a fire while playing with fireworks inside his Fort Lauderdale home.
Firefighters said the boy was urged by another child in the home to light a pack of firecrackers inside one of the bedrooms.
The boy lit the firecrackers, threw them under a television stand and ran outside.
The home suffered minor damages and no injuries were reported after the fire.
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.