MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - The Miami Beach Fire Department is collecting supplies for the victims of Superstorm Sandy. The items will be sent to the St. Mary Gate of Heaven Church in Queens.
Donations can be dropped off at all four Miami Beach Fire Stations (1051 Jefferson Avenue, 2300 Pine Tree Drive, 5303 Collins Avenue, and 6880 Indian Creek Drive).
Only certain items on the list below are needed. No clothes, toys, or money will be collected at this time.
- non-perishable foods (canned food, baby food, anything that does not need to be refrigerated)
- cleaning supplies
- work gloves
- new packages of socks and underwear
- toiletries (toothpaste, tissues, soap, etc.)
- duct tape
- surgical masks
- paper towels
- heavy duty garbage bags
- baby supplies (diapers, wipes, formula, etc.)
- feminine products
- other items of this nature will be accepted.
All donations will be accepted through Tuesday, Nov. 20th.
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.