MIAMI - An MDX meeting Tuesday afternoon will discuss possible changes to the toll structure on the Dolphin and Airport Expressways.
The Expressway Authority is aiming to add a higher surcharge for non Sunpass users who are billed by plate. Tolls for Sunpass users would be lowered at some locations. Last year MDX collected more than $122 Million in tolls on the five expressways they manage; the changes could double that number.
Here are the changes planned for State Route 112, the Airport Expressway:
- Tolls that are currently collected in the eastbound lanes @ NW 12th Ave are currently $1. They would be reduced to 30 or 35 cents for Sunpass users. Twice that rate for toll-by-plate
- Another toll will be created at NW 32nd Ave. for eastbound and westbound lanes at the same rate.
Here are the changes planned for State Route 836, the Dolphin Expressway:
- Tolls at NW 17th Ave. and 97th Ave. would be reduced to 65 or 70 cents, double for toll-by-plate users.
- New tolls would be added at NW 57th Ave., also 65 or 70 cents.
- A new toll will be created for WB drivers at NW 17th Ave., also 65 or 70 cents.
Copyright 2013 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.