Miami townhouse destroyed by fire

Authorities say residents left pan of oil burning on stove

Headline Goes Here

MIAMI - Fire rescue officials say a home is completely destroyed after a fire began at a Miami townhouse.

The Code 1 fire happened Saturday at a townhouse on Southwest 133rd Court.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue said the fire started in the kitchen of the townhouse.

The residents left a pan of oil burning on the stove. Authorities said it eventually exploded and burst into flames.

The fire was contained to only one townhouse, which was completely destroyed, officials said.

No one was reported injured.

Copyright 2013 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.