A South Florida restaurant that made headlines after its waterfront deck collapsed last year is set to reopen Thursday.
The owners of Shuckers Waterfront Grill at the Best Western in North Bay Village are inviting the media for its reopening.
Two dozen people were injured when the restaurant's deck collapsed and plunged into Biscayne Bay during a Miami Heat playoff game in June 2013.
Public records show several people filed lawsuits against Shuckers after the collapse.
A former manager at Shuckers told Local 10 News last year that he recalled several problems with the deck that collapsed. Rich Sena said loose wooden planks were a constant issue and it became more difficult to screw them back down.
Local 10 also discovered that no government entity ensured the deck was inspected, even during the only building inspection in the hotel restaurant's 40-year history, which came in 2012.
The restaurant has remained closed since the collapse.