A South Beach hotel was evacuated Friday afternoon after a bomb threat was made, which was later unfounded.
Police evacuated the Astor Hotel at 956 Washington Avenue about noon.
A caller said three bombs were inside the hotel, said police spokesman Robert Hernandez.
A similar threat was made at the Fontainebleau earlier in the week.
"The MO is the same as we had a couple of days ago at the Fontainebleau, where he called and said the same exact thing," said Hernandez.
"They just doing it for attention," said Ruel Brooks, who lives near the Astor Hotel. "I really think it is a waste of taxpayers' money."
The claims also put tourists on edge.
"These are people on vacation and just think about it, if you went on vacation, do you really feel like going through this? "It's not a prank -- you cause fear in people's minds," said Hernandez. "It's pointless and we're gonna catch you and we're prosecute you and you're gonna go to jail for a very long time."