A West Park family was displaced after a grease fire destroyed their kitchen Thursday evening.
Firefighters were called to 3531 SW 59th Terrace shortly after 6:30 p.m. after a neighbor across the street reported the house was on fire.
The couple, an 8-year-old girl, a 10-year-old girl and a 19-year-old boy were home at the time and escaped uninjured, according to the Broward Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the wife was heating up a pan of grease on the stove when she added something to the pan and the hot grease flared up, igniting the cabinets and the kitchen.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze in about 10 minutes. In addition to the kitchen damage, deputies said there was significant smoke damage throughout the house.
The American Red Cross was notified to help the family with temporary accommodations.