Crafty Constance: Homemade Gak recipe
It’s time to get slimy this summer with Homemade Kids' Gak made from glue and Borax.
It’s very simple to make and tons of fun for the kids. It take less than 2 minutes to make, but provides hours of entertainment.
PHOTOS: How to make Gak!
Here’s how you make your own Gak!
Two 4-oz. bottles of Elmer’s Glue
1 tsp. Borax
Food Coloring ( I prefer bright green!)
1. Gather all your supplies together.
2. Begin by emptying the two bottles of glue into a bowl. Fill bottles with warm water and shake. Empty into your bowl.
3. Add some food coloring. The Neon Colors made it look awesome!
4. Add 1/2 cup warm water to your cup. Add 1 tsp. Borax to the water and mix until the Borax dissolves. Then, pour this into your glue bowl. Start stirring and you will notice how it starts becoming stringy. Keep mixing by using your hands and squishing around. You will notice after a few minutes that it has become pretty gelatinous.
5. Let the kids play with it for a bit and it will become the perfect GOOEY consistency!
Special thanks to Kristyn with www.lilluna.com for sharing this great idea!
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.