On Friday, dogs all over the world will join their pet parents to celebrate the 13th Annual Pet Sitters International's Take Your Dog To Work Day (TYDTWDay).
According to the American Pet Products Association, it's estimated that 1.4 million dog owners in the U.S. will take their dogs to work on TYDTWDay.
If you're lucky enough to have a job where your dog will be welcome, here are some tips to make sure you're invited back next year.
- Make sure your boss and co-workers are OK with you bringing your dog to work
- Make sure your dog's vaccinations are up to date.
- Bring toys and food to keep your pooch happy
- If your dog isn't pet and people friendly, it's best to leave him home.
- Don't assume everyone in the office is going to love having your dog around. Respect people's boundaries.
- Plan ahead for potty breaks.
- Have a plan in case your four-legged friend decides she wants to go home.
Click here to download your free copy of TYDTWDay Participant Action Pack.
You can also follow the TYDTWD activities on Facebook.
If you have a pet other than a dog, you don't have to feel left out.
Pet Sitters International has designated the entire week, June 18-22, as Take Your Pet To Work Week. So, if your company is closed on Fridays or if you want to invite all types of pets, select any day during the week to host a special event at your workplace.