Severe Weather Alerts
Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 8:06 PM CST on December 20, 2013, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on December 22, 2013
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 6 PM Saturday to 6 PM CST Sunday... A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 6 PM Saturday to 6 PM CST Sunday.
- Impacts...untreated roads and sidewalks will still be very slippery after the freezing rain and drizzle ends. Some surfaces may appear wet but actually have a glaze of ice on them. Use caution if traveling tonight.
- Snow...Saturday evening through Sunday with a period of heavy snow likely late Saturday night into Sunday morning. 6 to 9 inches are possible with highest amounts from Darlington to Janesville...northeast to Sheboygan and Port Washington. The Madison Metro area is in The Heart of this heavy snow axis. The expected axis of heaviest snow could change so keep up with the latest forecasts.
- Timing...snow will spread into the area very quickly early Saturday evening...then continue through the night and into Sunday morning before tapering off from southwest to northeast later Sunday morning and afternoon. The snow will be heavy at times...especially between the midnight to 8am time frame. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. Et
Issued at: 8:06 PM CST on December 20, 2013, expires at: 10:00 PM CST on December 20, 2013
- ...Still some patchy freezing drizzle through the late evening... While the freezing rain and widespread freezing drizzle have ended...there will still be patchy freezing drizzle through the late evening over a good portion of southern Wisconsin. Some light snow will mix in with the freezing drizzle at times. The patchy freezing drizzle will put a light glaze on exposed surfaces...as well as untreated roads and sidewalks. Motorists should be alert for icy spots while out late this evening. Rem