Severe Weather Alerts
Winter Storm Watch:
Issued at: 4:26 am CST on December 21, 2013, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on December 23, 2013
- ...Winter Storm Watch in effect from Sunday morning through Monday afternoon... The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Winter Storm Watch for heavy snow and local blowing snow...which is in effect from Sunday morning through Monday afternoon.
- Location...the South Shore of Lake Superior in northwest Wisconsin.
- Timing...Sunday morning through Monday afternoon. The heaviest snowfall rates are expected Sunday night and Monday morning.
- Snow accumulations...widespread amounts from 8 to 12 inches...with some local amounts into the 15 to 20 inch range.
- Winds...north to northeast at 10 to 20 mph...with higher gusts in excess of 25 mph in close proximity to Lake Superior and in higher terrain and areas exposed to the north or northeast.
- Visibility...as low as a quarter mile in heavier snow and blowing snow Sunday night and Monday morning.
- Impacts...area roads and highways will likely become snow and ice covered Sunday into Monday night...along with areas of significantly restricted visibility due to blowing snow in open and exposed area. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow accumulations that may impact travel. Please visit weather.Gov/Duluth for the latest information regarding this developing winter storm.