Severe Weather Alerts
Freezing Rain Advisory, Winter Storm Watch:
Issued at: 4:45 am CST on December 20, 2013, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on December 22, 2013
- ...Freezing Rain Advisory now in effect until 3 PM CST this afternoon... ...Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon... The Freezing Rain Advisory is now in effect until 3 PM CST this afternoon. A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon.
- Periods of light freezing rain will persist through at least mid afternoon today. Some sleet and snow could mix into the freezing rain later this afternoon over south central Wisconsin.
- Additional ice accumulation less than 0.10 inch through mid afternoon.
- Impacts...untreated roads and sidewalks will be very slippery. Some surfaces may appear wet but actually have a glaze of ice on them. Use caution if traveling today.
- Snow...Saturday evening through Sunday with a period of heavy snow likely late Saturday night into Sunday morning. 4 to 9 inches are possible with highest amounts from Darlington to Whitewater to Waukesha and Port Washington. The expected axis of heaviest snow could change so keep up with the latest forecasts. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving. A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.