Severe Weather Alerts
Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 7:54 PM CDT on May 13, 2013, expires at: 9:00 PM CDT on May 14, 2013
- ...Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM CDT Tuesday for wind and low relative humidity for fire weather zones 039 and 046... The National Weather Service in Aberdeen has issued a red flag warning for wind and low relative humidity...which is in effect from noon to 9 PM CDT Tuesday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
- Affected area...in Minnesota...fire weather zones 039 and 046.
- Winds...west 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- Relative humidity...20 to 25 percent.
- Impacts...potentially explosive fire growth is possible. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create explosive fire growth potential.