Severe Weather Alerts
Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 2:22 PM CST on December 21, 2013, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on December 22, 2013
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM CST Sunday...
- although a few flurries or freezing drizzle are possible during the evening...the main band of snow will begin overspreading the area from the south after midnight.
- The snow could be heavy at times...especially between 6 am and noon on Sunday.
- Total snowfalls are expected to range from 5 to 9 inches in Lakeside counties...to 4 to 7 inches across the rest of the area.
- Northeast winds could gust to around 30 mph at times near the Bay and at the Lakeshore...creating considerable blowing and drifting of the snow.
- Travel conditions are expected to deteriorate very rapidly late tonight...and very poor travel conditions are expected on Sunday morning.
- Although the bulk of the snow is expected to fall before noon on Sunday...travel conditions are likely to remain very poor well into the evening. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel hazardous. If you must travel...use extreme caution...or wait until the storm has ended. The latest Wisconsin Road conditions can be obtained by calling 511.