Severe Weather Alerts
Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:12 am CST on November 27, 2014, expires at: 4:00 PM CST on November 28, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to 4 PM CST Friday... The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow and sleet...which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 4 PM CST Friday.
- Location...Cass County in northeast Minnesota to Burnett County in northwest Wisconsin...including the Brainerd and Aitkin areas...and the Interstate 35 corridor in Pine County.
- Timing...very late this evening through the middle of Thursday afternoon. The snow intensity will peak late tonight and Friday morning. There will then be a transition to a wintry mixture of light snow and light sleet late Thursday morning and early afternoon.
- Snow accumulations...2 to 4 inches. Light sleet accumulation.
- Winds/visibility...light winds. Visibility could be less than one half mile at the peak of snowfall intensity.
- Impacts...travel could be difficult due to lower visibility in the falling snow and due to slippery conditions due to the snow and sleet. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for mixed precipitation means a mixture of snow and sleet is expected. Moderate accumulations of snow and light accumulations of sleet are expected on untreated roads and sidewalks. Anyone with travel plans should be prepared for slippery roads and reduced visibility. Slow down when driving and allow for extra stopping distance because you may lose control of your vehicle if you try to slow down or stop quickly.