Severe Weather Alerts
Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 9:40 am CDT on April 16, 2014, expires at: 6:00 PM CDT on April 16, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CDT this evening...
- timing...snow will continue through the afternoon.
- Winds/visibility...north to northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with higher gusts. Visibilities will be reduced with heavier snowfall.
- Snow accumulations...a general 1 to 3 inches of snow accumulation is expected along and west of the James River Valley. Higher amounts of 3 to 5 inches are expected along and east of I-29.
- Other impacts...slick roads and reduced visibility will make travel hazardous the day. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.