Severe Weather Alerts
Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 2:44 PM CDT on April 20, 2014, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on April 21, 2014
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Monday afternoon through Monday evening for wind and low relative humidity... The National Weather Service in Twin Cities/Chanhassen has issued a Fire Weather Watch for wind and low relative humidity...which is in effect from Monday afternoon through Monday evening.
- Affected area...west central through south central Minnesota...along and west of a line from Morris to Mankato to Blue Earth.
- Winds...northwest 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
- Timing...Monday afternoon and early evening.
- Relative humidity...as low as 25 percent.
- Temperatures...in the middle to upper 60s.
- Impacts...wild fires could become fast moving in a short period of time due to the strong winds...low humidity and dry fuels. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.