Severe Weather Alerts
Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 8:09 PM CDT on April 18, 2014, expires at: 12:00 PM CDT on April 19, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from midnight tonight to noon CDT Saturday...
- location...northeastern Minnesota...including Ely...Crane Lake...Duluth...Cloquet...and Hibbing.
- Timing...midnight tonight through noon Saturday. Mixed precipitation should increase in coverage overnight...then transition to mainly rain by late Saturday morning.
- Snow/ice accumulations...total snow accumulation is expected to range from 2 to 4 inches near the international border to an inch further south. Ice accumulation is expected to be less than a quarter inch. Some higher ice accumulations are possible if surface temperatures are slower to rise than currently forecast.
- Impacts...the mix of freezing rain...sleet and snow is expected to make roads slippery in a short period of time. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for mixed precipitation means a mixture of freezing rain...snow and sleet is expected. Small accumulations of snow and ice are expected on untreated roads and sidewalks. Anyone with travel plans should be prepared for slippery roads and reduced visibility. Slow down when driving and allow for extra stopping distance because you may lose control of your vehicle if you try to slow down or stop quickly.