Severe Weather Alerts
Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 10:09 PM CST on March 2, 2015, expires at: 12:00 AM CST on March 04, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 am Tuesday to midnight CST Tuesday night...
- locations...portions of northeast Minnesota and all of northwest Wisconsin including the twin ports...Ashland and the Saint Croix River Valley.
- Timing...snow will begin around 400 am...with the main period of accumulation expected from 600 am through noon. Strong winds and blowing snow will develop in the afternoon.
- Snow accumulations...3 to 5 inches.
- Winds...becoming northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts around 30 mph.
- Visibilities...a quarter mile or less at times.
- Impacts...travel conditions will become hazardous early Tuesday morning through Tuesday night. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas that are more exposed to the wind. Roads may be slick and hazardous...so allow extra time to reach your destination.