Severe Weather Alerts
Dense Fog Advisory:
Issued at: 8:51 am CST on November 23, 2014, expires at: 12:00 PM CST on November 23, 2014
- ...Dense fog advisory remains in effect until noon CST today...
- location...northwest Wisconsin...including the areas of Superior...Solon Springs...Siren...Spooner... Hayward... Ashland...Mellen...Upson and Hurley.
- Timing...through noon.
- Visibility...less than a quarter mile at times.
- Impacts...use caution if traveling. Reduce your speed. The fog may deposit some ice on some untreated roads. Precautionary/preparedness actions... This dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving...slow down... use your headlights...and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Winter Storm Watch:
Issued at: 3:29 am CST on November 23, 2014, expires at: 8:00 AM CST on November 25, 2014
- ...Winter Storm Watch in effect from Monday morning through Tuesday morning... The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Winter Storm Watch for heavy snow and blowing snow...which is in effect from Monday morning through Tuesday morning.
- Location...Ashland and Iron counties...especially the area from Birch Hill across the Gogebic Range to Gile...Montreal and Hurley.
- Timing...snow will develop late tonight...then continue Monday into Monday night.
- Snow accumulations...the potential exists for snowfall greater than 6 inches.
- Winds/visibility...strong northwest winds will develop through the day Monday...and continue Monday night. Visibilities will drop to a half mile or less at times.
- Impacts...travel could become difficult across the area due to snow and blowing snow. Precautionary/preparedness actions... This Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.