Severe Weather Alerts
Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 3:20 PM CDT on March 27, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on March 29, 2015
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday afternoon through Sunday evening for very strong northwest winds and moderately low humidity for fire weather zone 900...which is southwest Minnesota... The National Weather Service in Sioux Falls has issued a Fire Weather Watch...which is in effect from Sunday afternoon through Sunday evening.
- Affected area...fire weather zone 900...southwest Minnesota.
- Wind...northwest winds 25 to 45 mph. In addition...winds preceding the watch Saturday night will be from the south to southwest at 20 to 35 mph providing additional drying concerns for Sunday.
- Humidity...minimum values will be 30 to 35 percent by mid afternoon Sunday. If light rain falls late Saturday night and early Sunday...the rainfall amount will likely not be enough to sustain fuel moisture in dormant fuels by Sunday afternoon given the projected wind speeds.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.