Severe Weather Alerts
Issued at: 4:13 am CST on March 3, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM CST on March 03, 2015
- ...Blizzard Warning now in effect from 11 am this morning to 9 PM CST this evening...
- timing...snow will develop early this morning and taper off by afternoon...then northwest winds will increase behind a cold front. The strong winds will produce considerable blowing snow and blizzard conditions through early evening.
- Snow accumulations...1 to 3 inches.
- Winds/visibility...wind gusts around 45 mph and visibility less than one quarter mile in open areas. Visibilities will be a bit better within city limits. The strong northwest winds will develop between 9 am and noon...and will continue into early evening.
- Impacts...travel will become dangerous with blizzard conditions developing. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout conditions...making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If you must travel...have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded...stay with your vehicle.