Severe Weather Alerts
Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:48 am CST on December 20, 2014, expires at: 12:00 PM CST on December 20, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon CST today...
- location...all of north central Minnesota to the north and west of a line roughly from Lake Mille lacs to the twin ports. This includes Duluth... the Iron Range cities... the entire Brainerd lakes area... International Falls and Ely.
- Timing...through Saturday morning.
- Snow accumulations...trace to a half inch.
- Ice accumulations...a light coating of ice on exposed surfaces and untreated roadways.
- Visibility...between a half mile and 2 miles through Saturday morning.
- Impacts...the combination of freezing drizzle and some light snow accompanied by widespread fog will result in slick roads and potentially hazardous travel conditions...especially on secondary and untreated roadways. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for freezing drizzle...light snow and locally dense fog means roads...sidewalks and other untreated exposed surfaces will likely become slick and hazardous due to a light coating of ice and snow. The slippery conditions will also be accompanied by locally reduced visibilities. Use extreme caution when walking or driving...and be especially aware of bridges...overpasses...ramps and other elevated surfaces and untreated roads. If traveling...allow extra time to reach your destination.