Severe Weather Alerts
Beach Hazard Statement:
Issued at: 3:59 am CDT on July 23, 2014, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on July 23, 2014
- ...Beach hazards statement in effect through this evening... The National Weather Service in Milwaukee/Sullivan has issued a beach hazards statement for dangerous swimming conditions...which is in effect through this evening.
- High wave action... strong currents and dangerous swimming conditions expected.
- Strong structural currents...expected.
- Strong longshore currents...expected.
- Rip currents...expected.
- Location...beaches from Sheboygan to Port Washington..beaches with particularly dangerous conditions today include... vollrath park beach in Sheboygan... north side Municipal beach in Sheboygan... blue Harbor Beach in Sheboygan... Upper Lake park beach in Port Washington... Harrington State Park beaches. Precautionary/preparedness actions... High wave action makes swimming difficult and can tire even a strong swimmer quickly. Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can sweep you out into deeper water along the pier structure. Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away from shore...which occur most often at low spots or breaks in sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water. Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the new beach hazards statement... Http://www.Weather.Gov/survey/NWS-survey.Php?Code=chmbhs