Severe Weather Alerts
Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 4:22 am CDT on March 30, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on March 30, 2015
- ...Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 7 PM CDT this evening for strong winds and low humidity for fire weather zones 064...073... 074...082 and 091... The National Weather Service in Twin Cities/Chanhassen has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from noon today to 7 PM CDT this evening.
- Affected area...fire weather zones 064...073...074...082 and 091. Mainly south of a line from Granite Falls to New Ulm and then west of a line from New Ulm to Fairmont.
- Wind...25 to 35 mph out of the west northwest.
- Humidity...between 22 and 27 percent this afternoon.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.