Severe Weather Alerts
Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 3:08 PM CDT on March 28, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on March 29, 2015
- ...Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Sunday afternoon through Sunday evening for strong gusty winds and low humidity levels for fire weather zones 064... 073...074...082 and 091...
- affected area...fire weather zones 064...073...074...082 and 091. Mainly south of a line from Granite Falls to New Ulm and then west of a line from New Ulm to Fairmont.
- Wind...sustained winds of 25 to 35 mph...with gusts up to 50 mph.
- Humidity...dropping to around 40 percent during the afternoon.
- Impacts...any fires that develop could spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.
Issued at: 2:48 PM CDT on March 28, 2015, expires at: 6:00 PM CDT on March 29, 2015
- ...Wind Advisory in effect from 9 am to 6 PM CDT Sunday... The National Weather Service in Twin Cities/Chanhassen has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect from 9 am to 6 PM CDT Sunday.
- Timing...from mid morning through the afternoon.
- Winds...northwest 30 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
- Impacts...driving may be difficult at times...especially for high profile and light weight vehicles. Unsecured outdoor items will be blown around. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 to 39 mph or gusts between 45 and 57 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.