Over at the Mongo & Lodi Facebook page, they're putting out a slate of great appetizers that will make your football party the best on the block!
With the Super Bowl approaching, we're putting together our spread for the annual party. No matter what teams are playing, we get together with friends and watch the game..
Top of our list, Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip!
So much easier than making wings, but with a similar, great taste. Give it a try for the wing fans at your house!
Mongo & Lodi's Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
10-12 ounces fresh chicken breast or tenderloins
1 stalk of celery
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese (room temperature)
¾ cup blue cheese dressing
¾ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper and celery salt. Cook in a small frying pan with a small amount of water on medium-low heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, just until chicken is cooked. You are not looking to brown or fry, just cook through.
2. Remove from the pan. Using 2 forks, shred chicken into small pieces.
3. Dice 1 stalk of celery into small pieces.
4. Put celery, chicken, cream cheese and blue cheese into a medium sauté pan and heat on medium low until all ingredients are blended and cream cheese has melted. Stir often.
5. Add Frank’s Red Hot and stir until combined. Add in 1/4 cup intervals to control the heat level for your taste. Feel free to use more or less.
Serve with celery sticks and tortilla or pita chips and enjoy!
Note: We have seen several recipes for this dip, after experimenting with several versions, this one has become the go-to favorite. You can use canned chicken breast, but we have found it makes for a different consistency and you lose a bit of the flavor if you don't cook the chicken yourself.
Distributed by LAKANA. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.