When you get into a car accident you might be feeling flustered and anxious, and maybe even injured. To help with any potential lawsuits down the line it's important to document the evidence.
Use these tips to help with your documentation.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident.
- Get the contact information from any witnesses at the accident scene.
- Document notes from the accident scene including the date, location, time and what led to the accident.
- Document any injuries you suffered. Take photos of any wounds to document the evidence.
- Keep a list of all doctor appointments you attended and get receipts for any co-pays.
- Keep a list of any missed days of work.
- Keep track of all expenses associated with any injuries suffered.
- Contact an attorney.