Slips and falls are the second-leading cause of unintentional death in homes and communities, according to the National Safety Council. To keep you and your guests safe – and avoid potential legal issues – take a look at these tips to help avoid slips and falls.
- Remove rugs that can easily slip
- Keep hazards away from stairs and walkways
- Keep cords out of high-traffic areas in your home
- Install safety railings on stairs
- Check the condition of your floors and stairs to ensure there are no damages that can cause injury
- Clean up all spills immediately to ensure no one slips