As of June 21, 2023
Television News-Executive Producer-Full Time
Oversee the preparation and execution of daily morning newscasts overseeing a staff of Anchors, Reporters, Producers, Associate Producers, Assignment Editors, Directors, Photographers, and Video Editors. Seeking hands on EP with solid news judgment, leadership skills, creativity and a drive for excellence. Seeking strategic thinker and someone who can plan and then execute that plan. Candidate must be a proven leader in digital efforts and social media. Candidate must have several years producing experience in major market newsrooms and EP experience. Must be able to multi task and be a team player.
- Knowledge of television news
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities
- 3-5 years experience as a producer and/or executive producer in a commercial news operation required
- College degree in journalism or broadcasting preferred
- News computer knowledge necessary
***All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting.
***We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age gender, marital status, disability, matriculation or political affiliation. Any offer of employment is conditioned on successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications, and reference checks. A Valid driver’s license is required.
WPLG, Inc. requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for an accommodation, or as otherwise allowed by law.
Please follow link below to apply for Executive Producer Position:
3401 West Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Pembroke Park, Florida 33023
Send resume to: Bill Pohovey, VP/News Director email@example.com
No phone calls please.