Contest: Wheel of Fortune Flyaway Sweepstakes
Station: WPLG, Inc. d/b/a Local 10
Station Address: 3401 West Hallandale Beach Boulevard, Pembroke Park, FL 33023
Sweepstakes Area: Open only to Florida residents residing within the Monroe, Miami-Dade and Broward County Station viewing area
Sponsor(s): WPLG, Inc. d/b/a Local 10
Prize Provider(s): Sony Pictures Television Inc.
Age of Eligibility: Must be eighteen (18) or older to enter
Sweepstakes Period: November 4, 2019 to November 8, 2019
Program to Watch: Watch the Wheel of Fortune program which the Station airs each weeknight on Local 10 at 7:00 p.m. ET, and look for the phrase of the day. The phrase of the day will also be posted each day at approximately 7:00 pm ET on the Station's Website (local10.com/wheeltrip).
Entry is limited to one entry per day per IP address.
Drawing Dates: Each day immediately following each day of the Sweepstakes Period, with the first drawing to occur on November 5, 2019 and the last drawing to occur on November 9, 2019
Entries Due: 11:59 pm ET each weekday of the Sweepstakes Period. An entry before this deadline only qualifies an entrant for the drawing for such day. A separate entry must be submitted for each day of the Sweepstakes Period in order to qualify for the drawing for that day.
Number of Winners on Each Drawing Date: One (1) winner for each weeknight between November 4 and November 8, 2019.
Total Number of Winners: Five (5)
Prize(s) and Value(s): Each winner will receive a trip for two (2) to see a taping of Wheel of Fortune in Los Angeles. The trip package including domestic round-trip coach air travel for two (2) from home city within the Local 10 viewing area (winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary) to a Los Angeles area airport valued at $1,000, three (3) night standard hotel accommodations at Hilton Universal City, valued at $750.00, two (2) Sony Studio Tour passes valued at $100.00, two (2) Sony Commissary meal vouchers valued at $24.00, airport ground transportation valued at $200.00, $1,000.00 in spending cash, two (2) VIP tickets to attend the Wheel of Fortune Great American Cities taping, two (2) Universal Studios Hollywood passes, valued at $200.00. Travel must occur in December 2019. The total value of each trip package is $3,274.00.
Station’s Website: local10.com/wheeltrip
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: https://www.local10.com/station/termsofuse
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms which are not otherwise defined in these Official Rules shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
Viewers will be prompted to watch the Wheel of Fortune program which is broadcast at 7:00 pm ET each night during the Sweepstakes Period, and look for the phrase of the day. The phrase of the day will also be posted each day at approximately 7:00 pm ET on the Station's Website (local10.com/wheeltrip).Then, to enter, log onto the Station’s’ Website and click on the Contest tab to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, and phrase of the day in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. Entry in this Sweepstakes constitutes the entrant's full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules.
How to Win
A single winner on each Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid and correct entries received.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Sweepstake, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Sweepstakes Area (as defined above).
2. In the event an entrant has been selected as a winner, such entrant will not be eligible for any subsequent drawing in this Sweepstakes.
3. Employees of WPLG, Inc. d/b/a Local 10 News (collectively, the “Company”), Prize Providers (including but not limited to Sony Pictures Television Inc.), CBS Television Distribution, Califon Productions, Inc., and each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Sweepstakes.
3. Prizes are provided “AS IS” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to each Prize Provider's standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station and Prize Providers are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed. Any trip related prizes are subject to advance reservation, availability and black-out dates, and do not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, travel insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees, excursions, spa treatments, or any other expenses. The Station and Prize Providers are not responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip by the Prize Provider’s expiration date, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days of winner’s notification.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining eligible, valid and correct entries. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must complete, sign and provide the Company a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of Company sweepstakes or contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Prize Provider(s) (including but not limited to Sony Pictures Television Inc.), CBS Television Distribution, and Califon Productions, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to release, and indemnify and hold harmless, the Company, each Prize Provider (including but not limited to Sony Pictures Television Inc.), CBS Television Distribution, and Califon Productions, Inc., and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Sweepstakes or the use or enjoyment by the entrant, or any person travelling with the entrant, of any of the prizes.
11. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Sweepstakes for promotional purposes in any form of media, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Sweepstakes are on the Station's Website and are also available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station within thirty (30) days of the last Drawing Date.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with these Official Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, including the interpretation of these Official Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and Sweepstakes changes and change the Sweepstakes dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.